Introductions

 Hi!


My name is James and this blog is something of a weekly journal of my adventures as Associate Software Engineer in Hyderabad.


How did I get to Hyderabad? That itself is a little bit of an adventure.

I am a former teacher and the programming bug hit me after I took a class at CCSF in C++. 

In 2022 I completed a coding bootcamp and right at the end: massive layoffs. Twitter, LinkedIn, Meta, all the big tech companies.


What could I do? Throw resumes into a black hole and hope for the best? But an opportunity presented itself...

I was offered a position as an associate software engineer in Hyderabad. Short term, working on a couple projects. The options were working remotely and working in person. I chose the latter. The best way to expand my skillset, learn new tools, and become a better engineer is to work next to experts, asking questions, making mistakes.


So that is where I am today. I have just arrived in Hyderabad, through Mumbai. The weather is nice, not too hot yet. I start Monday. Hopefully everything goes well!

Comments